06 August 2016

Exodus 20: 1-6


Exodus 20


1God spoke all these words, to respond:
2"I am the Lord, your God, Who took you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3You shall not have the gods of others in My presence.
4You shall not make for yourself a graven image or any likeness which is in the heavens above, which is on the earth below, or which is in the water beneath the earth.
5You shall neither prostrate yourself before them nor worship them, for I, the Lord, your God, am a zealous God, Who visits the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons, upon the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me,
6and [I] perform loving kindness to thousands [of generations], to those who love Me and to those who keep My commandments.

This first section of the Ten Commandments is very important to understand.  What this is saying is that you are not to worship anything other that the G-d of Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments deemed inappropriate by the administrator will be removed.